Japanese minister found dead at home
Tokyo: Tadahiro Matushita, Japanese minister for post reform, and concurrently minister of state for financial services, was found dead at home in Tokyo Monday having allegedly committed suicide, reported Xinhua, citing local media.
Matushita`s wife discovered that Matushita hanged himself in their own mansion, and called police. Matushita was taken to the hospital where doctors confirmed he was dead.
Tokyo Metropolitan Police said the circumstances showed no sign of foul play after preliminary investigation, and police found something like a suicide note near the body.
Matushita was scheduled to attend a meeting Monday afternoon, but he called his colleagues in the morning to say he would be absent.
Matushita, 73, a member of the People`s New Party, partner of the ruling Democratic Party, was appointed the ministerial position in the cabinet reshuffle at early June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena