Japanese plane hit by lightning
Tokyo: A Japanese plane with 181 people on board was Tuesday struck by lightning, but all passengers and crew members were safe, Xinhua reported.
The GK-127 flight of low-cost carrier Jetstar Japan was bound for the southwestern prefecture of Fukuoka from Tokyo`s Narita airport.
It was struck by a lightning around 3 p.m. just before it was to land at Fukuoka.
The plane landed safely after the incident and none of the passengers and crew members were injured.
As the plane needs checks and possible repair work after the lightning strike, the airline had to cancel three flights to Kansai airport in western Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city