Japanese plane hit by lightning
Tokyo: A Japanese plane with 181 people on board was Tuesday struck by lightning, but all passengers and crew members were safe, Xinhua reported.
The GK-127 flight of low-cost carrier Jetstar Japan was bound for the southwestern prefecture of Fukuoka from Tokyo`s Narita airport.
It was struck by a lightning around 3 p.m. just before it was to land at Fukuoka.
The plane landed safely after the incident and none of the passengers and crew members were injured.
As the plane needs checks and possible repair work after the lightning strike, the airline had to cancel three flights to Kansai airport in western Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak