Japanese plane hit by lightning
Tokyo: A Japanese plane with 181 people on board was Tuesday struck by lightning, but all passengers and crew members were safe, Xinhua reported.
The GK-127 flight of low-cost carrier Jetstar Japan was bound for the southwestern prefecture of Fukuoka from Tokyo`s Narita airport.
It was struck by a lightning around 3 p.m. just before it was to land at Fukuoka.
The plane landed safely after the incident and none of the passengers and crew members were injured.
As the plane needs checks and possible repair work after the lightning strike, the airline had to cancel three flights to Kansai airport in western Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!