Japanese plane hit by lightning
Tokyo: A Japanese plane with 181 people on board was Tuesday struck by lightning, but all passengers and crew members were safe, Xinhua reported.
The GK-127 flight of low-cost carrier Jetstar Japan was bound for the southwestern prefecture of Fukuoka from Tokyo`s Narita airport.
It was struck by a lightning around 3 p.m. just before it was to land at Fukuoka.
The plane landed safely after the incident and none of the passengers and crew members were injured.
As the plane needs checks and possible repair work after the lightning strike, the airline had to cancel three flights to Kansai airport in western Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder