Japanese PM Yoshihiko Noda unveils new cabinet lineup
Tokyo:Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda unveiled the new cabinet lineup here Monday after accepting the ministers` en masse resignation earlier in the day.
Noda announced at a press conference the appointments of ex-foreign minister Seiji Maehara as the national policy minister, and of Koriki Jojima who was chief of Diet affairs in ruling Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) as the finance minister, among others, reported Xinhua.
The premier also tapped Makiko Tanaka, another former foreign minister, as education minister.
Hiroyuki Nagahama,deputy chief Cabinet secretary,and Shinji Tarutoko, a former acting secretary general of the DPJ, will become the environment minister and the internal affairs minister.
Noda gave the posts of health, labour and welfare minister and postal privatization minister to ex-deputy transport minister Wakio Mitsui and Mikio Shimoji,secretary general of the DPJ`s coalition partner the People`s New Party, respectively.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura, Deputy Prime Minister Katsuya Okada, Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba, Defense Minister Satoshi Morimoto, Industry Minister Yukio Edano and Reconstruction Minister Tatsuo Hirano will stay in their current posts.
Transport Minister Yuichiro Hata and Farm Minister Akira Gunji who took the portfolio in a cabinet revamp in June, will also remain in their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490