Japanese PM Yoshihiko Noda unveils new cabinet lineup
Tokyo:Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda unveiled the new cabinet lineup here Monday after accepting the ministers` en masse resignation earlier in the day.
Noda announced at a press conference the appointments of ex-foreign minister Seiji Maehara as the national policy minister, and of Koriki Jojima who was chief of Diet affairs in ruling Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) as the finance minister, among others, reported Xinhua.
The premier also tapped Makiko Tanaka, another former foreign minister, as education minister.
Hiroyuki Nagahama,deputy chief Cabinet secretary,and Shinji Tarutoko, a former acting secretary general of the DPJ, will become the environment minister and the internal affairs minister.
Noda gave the posts of health, labour and welfare minister and postal privatization minister to ex-deputy transport minister Wakio Mitsui and Mikio Shimoji,secretary general of the DPJ`s coalition partner the People`s New Party, respectively.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura, Deputy Prime Minister Katsuya Okada, Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba, Defense Minister Satoshi Morimoto, Industry Minister Yukio Edano and Reconstruction Minister Tatsuo Hirano will stay in their current posts.
Transport Minister Yuichiro Hata and Farm Minister Akira Gunji who took the portfolio in a cabinet revamp in June, will also remain in their posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked