Japanese woman spends USD 100,000 to look like French doll
Tokyo: A Japanese woman has spent over USD 100,000 on surgeries to look like a French doll, undergoing a startling 30 cosmetic procedures to get the desired look.
Vanilla Chamu, a Japanese model, has shelled out around 10 million yen (USD 102,000) on plastic surgery and says she will continue undergoing surgeries until she achieves the perfect look.
Chamu underwent her first surgery at the age of 19 because she wanted to look more European, website HNGN.Com reported.
Since then, she has undergone 30 procedures including rhinoplasty, double eyelid surgery, eyelash implants, dimple creation, liposuction and breast implants. The model has not revealed her real age.
Pictures of Chamu prior to her first procedures reveal a rather mousy Japanese teenager whose facial features are virtually unrecognisable from the bizarre and undoubtedly more western-looking appearance that she now possesses.
Chamu has become somewhat of a celebrity in her native land and has also launched a pop career of her own.
Last month, she appeared on Japanese variety show "Watashi no Nani ga Ikenai no?" (Is there something wrong with me?), the website said.
On the show, she said that she was teased about her looks when she was younger and was called "ugly."
This prompted her to look like a French doll so that no one would call her ugly again, she said.
"There isn`t anyone who can look at a French doll and say it`s not beautiful," Chamu said on the programme.
She also said that although she wants to become beautiful, she is particular about safety issues in her surgeries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark