Japanese woman spends USD 100,000 to look like French doll
Tokyo: A Japanese woman has spent over USD 100,000 on surgeries to look like a French doll, undergoing a startling 30 cosmetic procedures to get the desired look.
Vanilla Chamu, a Japanese model, has shelled out around 10 million yen (USD 102,000) on plastic surgery and says she will continue undergoing surgeries until she achieves the perfect look.
Chamu underwent her first surgery at the age of 19 because she wanted to look more European, website HNGN.Com reported.
Since then, she has undergone 30 procedures including rhinoplasty, double eyelid surgery, eyelash implants, dimple creation, liposuction and breast implants. The model has not revealed her real age.
Pictures of Chamu prior to her first procedures reveal a rather mousy Japanese teenager whose facial features are virtually unrecognisable from the bizarre and undoubtedly more western-looking appearance that she now possesses.
Chamu has become somewhat of a celebrity in her native land and has also launched a pop career of her own.
Last month, she appeared on Japanese variety show "Watashi no Nani ga Ikenai no?" (Is there something wrong with me?), the website said.
On the show, she said that she was teased about her looks when she was younger and was called "ugly."
This prompted her to look like a French doll so that no one would call her ugly again, she said.
"There isn`t anyone who can look at a French doll and say it`s not beautiful," Chamu said on the programme.
She also said that although she wants to become beautiful, she is particular about safety issues in her surgeries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video