Japan`s ambassador to return to Moscow after APEC summit
Tokyo: Japan`s ambassador to Russia, Masaharu Kono is unlikely to return to Moscow before the end of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum, due in Yokohama November 13-14, Kyodo news agency said, quoting.
The Chief Secretary of the Japanese cabinet of ministers, Yoshito Sengoku yesterday declined to specify the dates of the Ambassador`s possible return to Moscow, telling reporters the issue was far from settled.
He also refused to comment on Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov`s notification that President Dmitry Medvedev might visit other islands of the Lesser Kurile Ridge, saying there was no subject for a detailed commentary in the reports on Lavrov`s words.
Tokyo voiced official protests to Russia over Medvedev`s visit to the Southern Kurile isles earlier this month, as Japan believes the islands belong to it.
The government also said it was considering retaliatory measures for the visit.
One of them was a provisional recalling of Ambassador Kono from Moscow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!