Japan`s emperor enters hospital for heart surgery
Tokyo: Japanese Emperor Akihito has entered the hospital for scheduled heart bypass surgery.
An official from the Imperial Household Agency said on Friday that a medical team will operate on the 78-year-old monarch on Saturday at University of Tokyo Hospital.
The operation was scheduled after tests last weekend showed that Akihito`s heart condition had worsened compared to a year ago.
The palace said the surgery will help the emperor enjoy a relatively active life.
Akihito has had various health problems in recent years, including pneumonia and prostate cancer. He has cut back on public duties but still appears regularly at events.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan