Japan`s emperor enters hospital for heart surgery
Tokyo: Japanese Emperor Akihito has entered the hospital for scheduled heart bypass surgery.
An official from the Imperial Household Agency said on Friday that a medical team will operate on the 78-year-old monarch on Saturday at University of Tokyo Hospital.
The operation was scheduled after tests last weekend showed that Akihito`s heart condition had worsened compared to a year ago.
The palace said the surgery will help the emperor enjoy a relatively active life.
Akihito has had various health problems in recent years, including pneumonia and prostate cancer. He has cut back on public duties but still appears regularly at events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal