Japan`s Kurils anger `disappoints` Russia
Moscow: Russia is `disappointed` at Japan`s furious reaction to the Russian defence minister`s trip to the disputed Kuril islands, the Foreign Ministry said on Saturday.
Japanese Foreign Minister Seiji Maehara on Friday summoned Russian Ambassador Mikhail Bely to receive a strong protest over Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov`s snap tour.
It came just two months after President Dmitry Medvedev became the first Russian leader to visit a region still known as the Northern Territories in Japan, which lost the islands to Soviet troops at the end of World War II.
Medvedev was followed by First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov and Regional Development Minister Viktor Basargin. Moscow on Saturday, indicating Russia was becoming bored with the regular Japanese complaints.
“Tokyo is continuing to make official comments on the visits to the Kurils by representatives of the Russian state,” the Foreign Ministry said.
“The Russian Foreign Ministry has already reacted several times to these comments (and) we are disappointed by the fact that the Japanese side continues to make them.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore