Japan`s new first lady sheds tears of joy
Tokyo: Japan`s usually cheerful and
sometimes quirky new first lady, Miyuki Hatoyama, shed tears on Wednesday as she watched her husband take over as prime minister.
"My was heart filled with emotion, it made me shed
tears," said the 66-year-old former actress who has made
headlines for once saying her soul had travelled by UFO to
Venus and that she met Tom Cruise in a past life.
"I was filled with deep emotion," as she watched
parliament elect Yukio Hatoyama as the country`s new leader,
Yukio Hatoyama, 62, head of the centre-left Democratic
Party of Japan, was voted in by parliament two and a half
weeks after his party`s stunning election victory changed the
country`s political landscape.
Miyuki Hatoyama, a lifestyle guru who has been her
husband`s chief stylist, said she chose his outfit -- a dark
suit with a golden striped tie and matching golden pocket
handkerchief -- to suggest the image of "a gold medal."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured