Japan’s nuclear agency sorry for `angry wife` quip
Melbourne: A government backed research agency in Japan has apologised for comparing radioactive material to an “angry wife” quarrelling with her husband, on its website.
According to Kyodo News, the Japan Atomic Energy Agency has already dropped the link from its homepage, after the comparison triggered an outpouring of criticism.
On their webpage, the agency had tried to explain the difference between radioactive material, radioactivity and radiation by comparing them to a wife and her behaviour in a marital squabble, the Courier Mail reported.
With an illustration, the page noted: “Wife’s screaming to her husband can be compared to radiation, her agitated state to radioactivity, and the wife herself to radioactive material.”
“We would like to apologise for creating unpleasant feelings,” an agency official told Japanese daily Yomiuri Shimbun.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir