Jerusalem monastery desecrated
Jerusalem: Israeli police say "death to Christians" and other Hebrew-language graffiti has been scrawled on a Greek Orthodox monastery in Jerusalem.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Tuesday that "price tag" was also painted on the monastery in the Valley of the Cross, near Israel`s Parliament.
The phrase "price tag" refers to retaliation by suspected Jewish extremists for Israeli government actions against settlers.
Such acts originally targeted West Bank mosques but have recently expanded to include a mosque inside Israel, Israeli military bases, and now, a Christian holy site.
Army Radio reported that "Maccabees of Migron" was painted on the monastery, too. Maccabees were ancient Jewish heroes, and Migron is an unauthorised settlement facing a court-ordered evacuation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum
- Man Utd legend Paul Scholes to play at the Premier Futsal league in India
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight