Jerusalem monastery desecrated
Jerusalem: Israeli police say "death to Christians" and other Hebrew-language graffiti has been scrawled on a Greek Orthodox monastery in Jerusalem.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said on Tuesday that "price tag" was also painted on the monastery in the Valley of the Cross, near Israel`s Parliament.
The phrase "price tag" refers to retaliation by suspected Jewish extremists for Israeli government actions against settlers.
Such acts originally targeted West Bank mosques but have recently expanded to include a mosque inside Israel, Israeli military bases, and now, a Christian holy site.
Army Radio reported that "Maccabees of Migron" was painted on the monastery, too. Maccabees were ancient Jewish heroes, and Migron is an unauthorised settlement facing a court-ordered evacuation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30