‘Jesus Christ may have been gay’
Washington: A controversial Fox News host has sparked anger for saying that there was ‘some indication’ that ‘Jesus may have been gay’.
Don Imus made the comment on his show earlier this week during a telephone interview with political analyst Kirsten Powers.
According to the Pink News website, Imus referred to a third-century religious text known as the ‘Gospel of Judas Iscariot’ and claimed it provided evidence that Jesus was a homosexual.
He said that ‘there were hundreds of gospels written, only four made it into the [Bible]. There was the Gospel of Thomas, Mary had a gospel, they all had a gospel. But Judas — there’s some indication there that Jesus may have been gay.”
Powers went on to attack Imus’s claims as ‘ridiculous’, the Independent reports.
The incident is not the first time Imus has been involved in controversy.
In 2007, the host came under fire after referring to the Rutgers University women`s basketball team, which at the time was comprised of eight African-American and two white players, as ‘nappy-headed hoes’.
Imus subsequently apologised for his statement after first defending it as ‘some idiot comment meant to be amusing’.
The Gospel of Judas, which was written by Gnostics, contradicts the Bible in a number of ways.
Crucially it contains the claim, contrary to the canonical gospels, that Judas` betrayal was done in obedience to instructions given to him by Christ, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley