‘Jesus Christ may have been gay’
Washington: A controversial Fox News host has sparked anger for saying that there was ‘some indication’ that ‘Jesus may have been gay’.
Don Imus made the comment on his show earlier this week during a telephone interview with political analyst Kirsten Powers.
According to the Pink News website, Imus referred to a third-century religious text known as the ‘Gospel of Judas Iscariot’ and claimed it provided evidence that Jesus was a homosexual.
He said that ‘there were hundreds of gospels written, only four made it into the [Bible]. There was the Gospel of Thomas, Mary had a gospel, they all had a gospel. But Judas — there’s some indication there that Jesus may have been gay.”
Powers went on to attack Imus’s claims as ‘ridiculous’, the Independent reports.
The incident is not the first time Imus has been involved in controversy.
In 2007, the host came under fire after referring to the Rutgers University women`s basketball team, which at the time was comprised of eight African-American and two white players, as ‘nappy-headed hoes’.
Imus subsequently apologised for his statement after first defending it as ‘some idiot comment meant to be amusing’.
The Gospel of Judas, which was written by Gnostics, contradicts the Bible in a number of ways.
Crucially it contains the claim, contrary to the canonical gospels, that Judas` betrayal was done in obedience to instructions given to him by Christ, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!