Jet crash: US Navy to compensate those affected
Virginia Beach: Navy officials say they will begin providing compensation right away to those affected by Friday`s military jet crash into a Virginia Beach apartment complex.
The Navy said on Sunday in a news release that officials met on Saturday with affected residents and would begin making funds available on Monday to those who completed claims.
Initial payments will begin at USD 2,300 for an individual resident, with more going to residents with families.
Navy representatives will have an information centre at the apartment site from 8 am to 5 pm this week. Residents won`t be permitted onto the site until the cleanup is complete, but should talk with on-site fire officials about valuables.
Dozens of apartment units were destroyed when the F/A-18D Hornet careened into the Mayfair Mews apartment complex, but no one died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users