Jet crash: US Navy to compensate those affected
Virginia Beach: Navy officials say they will begin providing compensation right away to those affected by Friday`s military jet crash into a Virginia Beach apartment complex.
The Navy said on Sunday in a news release that officials met on Saturday with affected residents and would begin making funds available on Monday to those who completed claims.
Initial payments will begin at USD 2,300 for an individual resident, with more going to residents with families.
Navy representatives will have an information centre at the apartment site from 8 am to 5 pm this week. Residents won`t be permitted onto the site until the cleanup is complete, but should talk with on-site fire officials about valuables.
Dozens of apartment units were destroyed when the F/A-18D Hornet careened into the Mayfair Mews apartment complex, but no one died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’