Jet crash: US Navy to compensate those affected
Virginia Beach: Navy officials say they will begin providing compensation right away to those affected by Friday`s military jet crash into a Virginia Beach apartment complex.
The Navy said on Sunday in a news release that officials met on Saturday with affected residents and would begin making funds available on Monday to those who completed claims.
Initial payments will begin at USD 2,300 for an individual resident, with more going to residents with families.
Navy representatives will have an information centre at the apartment site from 8 am to 5 pm this week. Residents won`t be permitted onto the site until the cleanup is complete, but should talk with on-site fire officials about valuables.
Dozens of apartment units were destroyed when the F/A-18D Hornet careened into the Mayfair Mews apartment complex, but no one died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj