Jet crash: US Navy to compensate those affected
Virginia Beach: Navy officials say they will begin providing compensation right away to those affected by Friday`s military jet crash into a Virginia Beach apartment complex.
The Navy said on Sunday in a news release that officials met on Saturday with affected residents and would begin making funds available on Monday to those who completed claims.
Initial payments will begin at USD 2,300 for an individual resident, with more going to residents with families.
Navy representatives will have an information centre at the apartment site from 8 am to 5 pm this week. Residents won`t be permitted onto the site until the cleanup is complete, but should talk with on-site fire officials about valuables.
Dozens of apartment units were destroyed when the F/A-18D Hornet careened into the Mayfair Mews apartment complex, but no one died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped