Jews, Muslims to deliberate on Palestine
Mumbai: Jewish rabbis, Christians and Muslims shall speak at a two-day meet on Palestine opening on Saturday as part of the 65th anniversary of the International Day of Palestine.
The International Conference for Peace and Justice for Palestine will attract a galaxy of speakers from India and abroad. It will be inaugurated by Mumbai University Vice Chancellor Rajan M. Welukar.
Mazin Qumsiyeh of Bethlehem, Palestine, and Rabbi Weiss, a prominent Jew from New York, called for "a peaceful solution to the occupation of Palestine" where Muslims, Jews and Christians have lived for generations.
They said Nov 29 was the 65th anniversary of the International Day of Palestine.
More than 25 speakers from Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the US, Britain and India would address the gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof