Jews, Muslims to deliberate on Palestine
Mumbai: Jewish rabbis, Christians and Muslims shall speak at a two-day meet on Palestine opening on Saturday as part of the 65th anniversary of the International Day of Palestine.
The International Conference for Peace and Justice for Palestine will attract a galaxy of speakers from India and abroad. It will be inaugurated by Mumbai University Vice Chancellor Rajan M. Welukar.
Mazin Qumsiyeh of Bethlehem, Palestine, and Rabbi Weiss, a prominent Jew from New York, called for "a peaceful solution to the occupation of Palestine" where Muslims, Jews and Christians have lived for generations.
They said Nov 29 was the 65th anniversary of the International Day of Palestine.
More than 25 speakers from Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the US, Britain and India would address the gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah