JFK airport terminal evacuated after security breach
New York: A passenger who walked through a door meant for airline workers set off a security incident on Saturday that caused authorities to evacuate New York`s John F Kennedy International Airport.
The airport`s Terminal 8, which is operated by American Airlines, was evacuated after the incident, which occurred about 3.30 pm.
All passengers in the terminal had to leave and return through the security gates. People already loaded on aircraft were forced to de-plane and undergo re-screening.
Departing planes were delayed up to four hours, The New York Times reported on its website. Arrivals were also delayed because gates were crammed with planes being loaded for takeoff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown