JFK airport terminal evacuated after security breach
New York: A passenger who walked through a door meant for airline workers set off a security incident on Saturday that caused authorities to evacuate New York`s John F Kennedy International Airport.
The airport`s Terminal 8, which is operated by American Airlines, was evacuated after the incident, which occurred about 3.30 pm.
All passengers in the terminal had to leave and return through the security gates. People already loaded on aircraft were forced to de-plane and undergo re-screening.
Departing planes were delayed up to four hours, The New York Times reported on its website. Arrivals were also delayed because gates were crammed with planes being loaded for takeoff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read