JFK airport terminal evacuated after security breach
New York: A passenger who walked through a door meant for airline workers set off a security incident on Saturday that caused authorities to evacuate New York`s John F Kennedy International Airport.
The airport`s Terminal 8, which is operated by American Airlines, was evacuated after the incident, which occurred about 3.30 pm.
All passengers in the terminal had to leave and return through the security gates. People already loaded on aircraft were forced to de-plane and undergo re-screening.
Departing planes were delayed up to four hours, The New York Times reported on its website. Arrivals were also delayed because gates were crammed with planes being loaded for takeoff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez