JFK, Newark airports reopen on limited schedule
New York: Two of the biggest airports serving New York - John F Kennedy and Newark Liberty International - have reopened.
The first passenger flight to JFK arrived from Long Beach, California, at 7:04 am (local time) today. The JetBlue flight carried 150 passengers.
The first flight into Newark, New Jersey, was a FedEx plane that landed at 7:12 am.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says the two airports reopened "on a very limited operational schedule."
He urged passengers to call their carriers before heading to the airports.
Some terminals at Newark had lost power during the superstorm but electricity returned yesterday.
New York`s LaGuardia Airport remains closed. Authorities are assessing the impact of the storm on the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...