JFK, Newark airports reopen on limited schedule
New York: Two of the biggest airports serving New York - John F Kennedy and Newark Liberty International - have reopened.
The first passenger flight to JFK arrived from Long Beach, California, at 7:04 am (local time) today. The JetBlue flight carried 150 passengers.
The first flight into Newark, New Jersey, was a FedEx plane that landed at 7:12 am.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico says the two airports reopened "on a very limited operational schedule."
He urged passengers to call their carriers before heading to the airports.
Some terminals at Newark had lost power during the superstorm but electricity returned yesterday.
New York`s LaGuardia Airport remains closed. Authorities are assessing the impact of the storm on the airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation