JFK’s nephew recalls ‘amazing’ meeting with Castro
New York: Christopher Kennedy Lawford, the nephew of the late former president John F Kennedy, has described an encounter he had with Cuban dictator Fidel Castro in 2001 as "amazing”.
Speaking with Huffington Post, Lawford said he sat next to Castro at a screening of the 2000 docudrama "Thirteen Days", which documents the Kennedy administration`s handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.
This isn`t the first time Lawford has mentioned his feelings about his meeting with Castro.
As The New York Times previously noted, Lawford "proudly describes" watching the film with Castro in his memoir "Symptoms of Withdrawal: A Memoir of Snapshots and Redemption”.
Lawford went on to give his take on Raul Castro`s leadership and America`s current relationship with Cuba. He also talked about his struggle with addiction and how the challenges the Kennedy family faced contributed to his problem with substance abuse.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!