‘Jihad Jamie’ pleads not guilty to terror charge in Philadelphia
Philadelphia: A pregnant American woman, dubbed by some as “Jihad Jamie”, has pleaded not guilty in a Philadelphia court to providing material support to terrorists.
Jamie Paulin-Ramirez, along with another American woman named Colleen LaRose, also known as “Jihad Jane”, is accused of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists and attend a terror training camp.
The 31-year-old was arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents last week after voluntarily returning from Ireland, where she had been arrested and released without charge.
Prosecutors allege the Colorado resident travelled to Europe in September and planned to train with jihadists.
The charge of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and fine of USD 250,000.
The next court date for Paulin-Ramirez was not yet determined, The New York Post reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar