Jihadi ``joker`` turns TV host with ‘The Zaky Mallah Show’
Sydney: The first person charged and acquitted under Australia`s anti-terrorism laws, Zaky Mallah, has now become a television host.
The 27-year-old, once deemed at risk of becoming a suicide bomber, said the first people he rang to tell of his idea to become the ``next Jerry Springer`` was the spy agency ASIO.
``They were laughing,`` the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as saying.
The first time Mallah made a video, in 2003, he was arrested under newly introduced anti-terrorism laws.
His show ‘The Zaky Mallah Show’, he said, is a mix of Dr Phil, Jerry Springer and Beauty and the Beast.
The latest episode, recorded at Parramatta Leagues Club, has been posted on YouTube and his site www.mds.ucoz.com.
``I`ve become more entertaining, a clown … What terror suspect has turned himself around and created his own TV show?``
Mallah made a jihad-style video after he was refused a passport to travel to Lebanon. He told a police officer he wanted to take foreign affairs and ASIO officers hostage, killing them and himself in protest. He served two years in jail for the threats but was cleared of other charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan