Jihadists hope Britain`s Prince Harry is captured: SITE
Washington: Jihadists took to Internet to
voice hope that if Britain`s Prince Harry is able to pilot a
helicopter, that fighters shoot him down, the SITE monitoring
service has said.
"Reports of Prince Harry of Wales having sufficient
skill to pilot an Apache helicopter sparked jihadists to
discuss the possibility of his being shot down and killed or
captured," SITE said.
"The availability of a high-profile target in Afghanistan, Iraq, or any battlefield of jihad, usually sparks
such discussion," SITE said.
"One jihadist, writing on al-Fallujah, hoped that if
captured, the prince could be exchanged for captive radical
clerics Abu Qatada the Palestinian and the "Blind Sheikh" Omar
Abdul Rahman," according to SITE.
The service said that "on the English-language forum,
one jihadist wrote: `Wouldn`t it be sweeeeeeeet if the
Mujahideen could capture that pig!"
In February 2007 and February 2008 similar postings
were seen on the now offline al-Ekhlaas and al-Hesbah jihadist
forums. Jihadists spoke of the prince`s persence "in Iraq and
then Afghanistan, and encouraged the mujahideen to target
him," SITE noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened