Jihadists hope Britain`s Prince Harry is captured: SITE
Washington: Jihadists took to Internet to
voice hope that if Britain`s Prince Harry is able to pilot a
helicopter, that fighters shoot him down, the SITE monitoring
service has said.
"Reports of Prince Harry of Wales having sufficient
skill to pilot an Apache helicopter sparked jihadists to
discuss the possibility of his being shot down and killed or
captured," SITE said.
"The availability of a high-profile target in Afghanistan, Iraq, or any battlefield of jihad, usually sparks
such discussion," SITE said.
"One jihadist, writing on al-Fallujah, hoped that if
captured, the prince could be exchanged for captive radical
clerics Abu Qatada the Palestinian and the "Blind Sheikh" Omar
Abdul Rahman," according to SITE.
The service said that "on the English-language forum,
one jihadist wrote: `Wouldn`t it be sweeeeeeeet if the
Mujahideen could capture that pig!"
In February 2007 and February 2008 similar postings
were seen on the now offline al-Ekhlaas and al-Hesbah jihadist
forums. Jihadists spoke of the prince`s persence "in Iraq and
then Afghanistan, and encouraged the mujahideen to target
him," SITE noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month