Jimmy Savile is suspect in 199 crimes: UK police
London: British police investigating sex abuse allegations against the late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile say that they have recorded 199 crimes in which Savile is a suspect.
In an update on its investigation, Scotland Yard said today that 450 people have come forward with information relating to the children`s television presenter, who died last year at age 84.
Most of those people have alleged sexual abuse, and there were 31 rape allegations recorded against Savile, police said.
The majority of those who have come forward are females who said they were abused when they were young.
Allegations against Savile grew into a scandal involving the BBC, which has been accused of failing to report allegations against Savile while making shows praising him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves