Jimmy Savile’s ex-chauffeur arrested over rape claim
London: A former chauffeur of shamed TV presenter Jimmy Savile has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of committing rape.
Teret, 71, was arrested in Altrincham following a police probe into allegations of historic sexual abuse.
According to the police, the accusations are not linked with the national inquiry into child sex abuse claims against Savile.
“I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not an investigation into the late Jimmy Savile, nor do any of the allegations relate to any involvement by Savile,” Sky News quoted a police official, as saying.
“The arrest follows an investigation by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since 28 October 2012,” the official added.
According to sources, the victims say the alleged offences took place around the time Teret was living with the disgraced television presenter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter