Jindal bats for Romney-Ryan team
Washington: Indian American Republican heavyweight Bobby Jindal has thrown his support behind Mitt Romney and his Vice Presidential pick Paul Ryan, contending that their team represents "the preservation of the American dream".
On a Republican Presidential campaign trail in Virginia, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal batted for the Romney-Paul team.
"I think what Romney and Ryan represent is the preservation of the American dream," Jindal told a local radio station in an interview.
Himself a Vice Presidential contender in the past, Jindal said Congressman Ryan, as the running mate of Romney, was a great choice.
"I think that the selection of Congressman Ryan was a great choice. I think he will appeal to voters across all age groups, demographic groups," he said.
Jindal praised Romney`s record as Massachusetts Governor.
"In Massachusetts, unemployment was below the national average. Per capital income growth was above the national average. Secondly, the contrast. Two very different visions for America, what`s at stake in this election," he argued.
On Thursday, Jindal and Ryan helped raise USD 500,000 in a Republican fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional