Jindal bats for Romney-Ryan team
Washington: Indian American Republican heavyweight Bobby Jindal has thrown his support behind Mitt Romney and his Vice Presidential pick Paul Ryan, contending that their team represents "the preservation of the American dream".
On a Republican Presidential campaign trail in Virginia, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal batted for the Romney-Paul team.
"I think what Romney and Ryan represent is the preservation of the American dream," Jindal told a local radio station in an interview.
Himself a Vice Presidential contender in the past, Jindal said Congressman Ryan, as the running mate of Romney, was a great choice.
"I think that the selection of Congressman Ryan was a great choice. I think he will appeal to voters across all age groups, demographic groups," he said.
Jindal praised Romney`s record as Massachusetts Governor.
"In Massachusetts, unemployment was below the national average. Per capital income growth was above the national average. Secondly, the contrast. Two very different visions for America, what`s at stake in this election," he argued.
On Thursday, Jindal and Ryan helped raise USD 500,000 in a Republican fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan