Jindal bats for Romney-Ryan team
Washington: Indian American Republican heavyweight Bobby Jindal has thrown his support behind Mitt Romney and his Vice Presidential pick Paul Ryan, contending that their team represents "the preservation of the American dream".
On a Republican Presidential campaign trail in Virginia, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal batted for the Romney-Paul team.
"I think what Romney and Ryan represent is the preservation of the American dream," Jindal told a local radio station in an interview.
Himself a Vice Presidential contender in the past, Jindal said Congressman Ryan, as the running mate of Romney, was a great choice.
"I think that the selection of Congressman Ryan was a great choice. I think he will appeal to voters across all age groups, demographic groups," he said.
Jindal praised Romney`s record as Massachusetts Governor.
"In Massachusetts, unemployment was below the national average. Per capital income growth was above the national average. Secondly, the contrast. Two very different visions for America, what`s at stake in this election," he argued.
On Thursday, Jindal and Ryan helped raise USD 500,000 in a Republican fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter