Jindal cracking down on fake bath salts used by drug dealers
Louisiana: What could possibly be menacing about bath salts? Well, if you are the Indian-origin Governor of the American state of Louisiana, the issue is actually more than serious than it sounds.
According to Politico, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has had his office put out a press release announcing that drug dealers are using fake bath salts to repackage speed-like amphetamines known as "Cloude Nine”, "White Dove" and "Hurricane Charlie”.
Jindal said that he has made the sale of such imposter bath salts illegal.
"These drugs have crept into our communities and they are hurting our kids," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon