Jindal slams Obama`s record
Washington: Indian-American Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on Tuesday lashed out at US President Barack Obama, saying the incumbent can`t seek re-election on his record.
"This job is too important for on-the-job training. In contrast, Mitt Romney has been a successful governor, a successful businessman, he`s got the executive experience," said 40-year-old Jindal, a Republican and potential running mate for Mitt presidential hopeful Romney.
"President Obama simply cannot run on his record. The reality is 23 million Americans unemployed, underemployed, simply have left the work force. President Obama cannot ask the American people are you better off than you were four years ago?" Jindal said in an interview to the Fox news, the transcripts of which was released by the Romney Campaign.
"Well, two things. One, I think it goes to two themes of this campaign. One, it contrasts the fact that President Obama hasn`t run anything before he was elected President of the United States; never ran a state, never ran a business, never ran a lemonade stand," Jindal said in response to a question.
Jindal said Obama is going to have to savagely attack Romney.
"We`ve seen the start of that this week and now you`re seeing Mitt Romney respond which I think is a very good thing," said a confident Jindal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt