Jindal the most popular Governor in US: Poll
Washington: Indian-origin Louisiana leader Bobby Jindal is the most popular serving governor in the United States, an opinion poll has said.
Jindal has an approval rating of 58 percent, while 34 percent disapprove of his job, shows a survey by Public Policy Polling.
One of the top ranking Republican leader of the country, Jindal is seeking re-election next year.
Jindal is closely followed by Jodi Rell of Connecticut, who has an approval rating of 55 percent.
California`s Arnold Schwarzenegger is the least popular Governor in the country with an approval rating of just 25 percent.
Meanwhile in his remarks on Thursday, Jindal said the massive oil spill off the state`s coast will continue to be a challenge into 2011 and beyond.
"As I reflect on the oil spill I keep getting the question, `Is Louisiana going to be OK? You`ve been through four hurricanes and an oil spill in the past few years. What`s wrong with you people down there? Are you waiting for locusts?`" Jindal said.
At 36, Jindal in 2007 became the first elected non-white Governor of Louisiana and also the first ever Indian American Governor of an American State.
Since then, he has been ranked as one of the most popular governors of the country and a rising star of the Republican Party.
He is also considered to be aspiring presidential candidate for the party, though he has himself denied this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends