‘JK Rowling dumps her literary agent of 16 years’
London: Harry Potter`s creator JK Rowling
has dumped her literary agent of 16 years, who`s said to have
single-handedly turned her famous novels into a multi-million
-pound industry, a media report said.
The 45-year-old British author has "terminated her
association" with 69-year-old Christopher Little who spotted
the potential of Rowling`s first manuscript, `The Sunday
And, to add insult to his injury, Rowling, who has
an estimated fortune of 530 million pounds, has joined one of
Little`s business partners, Neil Blair, at a new agency that
he has set up, The Blair Partnership, the report said.
Little is, however, considering legal action against
Rowling`s decision, it said.
"Christopher Little has worked closely with JK Rowling
since the very beginning 16 years ago. He greatly admires her
and her extraordinary talent and is proud to have played his
role throughout this journey.
"However, he is disappointed and surprised to have
heard the premature news about the proposed new arrangements.
There is no comment as to the prospect of legal action," a
spokesman for Little was quoted as saying.
But, Rowling, who has sold more than 450 million
copies of her books about the child wizard, has declined to
explain her decision.
Little, who is now worth millions, reportedly struck
a deal under his usual terms when he first signed up Rowling
-- 15 per cent of gross earnings for the British market and 20
per cent for merchandising rights, for film, for the American
market and for translation deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP