Joe Biden calls Romney ‘one quackin’ duck’ on taxes stance!
Washington: US Vice President Joe Biden attacked Mitt Romney for claiming that the tax breaks that reduced his rate to 14 percent are ‘fair’, referring to the Republican presidential nominee’s comments as ‘a quackin`` duck’.
At a rally in Ohio, Biden invoked an anecdote from his childhood, when he asked his mother to go ‘hang on the corner with the guys’, and she cautioned him about getting into trouble.
"I said, ``Well I won`t, Mom.`` And she`d look at me and she`d say, ``Joey, if it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, it`s a duck!``" Biden told about 1,500 people at Marion Harding High School.
"Man, this is one quackin`` duck! This is one quackin``duck, Folks," he added.
According to CBS News, Biden was referring to ‘60 Minutes’ interview in September, when Romney responded in the affirmative when asked whether tax breaks that lowered his rate to 14 percent on 20 million dollars in income in 2011 were fair in light of taxpayers earning far less and paying higher rates.
"On television he said the math is too complicated for us to understand... I know the math," Biden said.
"The math is, the little guy gets crushed and the big guy gets rich! That`s the math. That`s how it works," he added.
According to the report, Romney campaign spokesman Ryan Williams said in a response, "Vice President Biden and President Obama showed again today that their campaign is getting smaller and smaller as Election Day approaches”.
“With no plan to grow the middle class, Americans know another four years of Obama-Biden policies will mean more of the same: falling incomes, higher taxes, and more debt," Williams added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details