Joe Biden in South Korea for last stop on Asia tour
Osan Air Base (South Korea): Vice President Joe Biden is in South Korea on the final leg of a three-nation tour of Asia.
Biden touched down on a US military base south of Seoul today after stops this week in China and Japan. He`ll meet with South Korean President Park Geun-hye (goon-hay) and deliver a major speech at Yonsei University about America`s Asia policy and the US-Korea relationship.
He`ll also lay a wreath at a ceremony honoring fallen US troops and visit the Demilitarized Zone between South Korea and North Korea.
Security and stability on the Korean Peninsula will be high on the agenda. There are fresh signs North Korea may be advancing its nuclear weapons program. The North has also been detaining an elderly US veteran for more than a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' reintroduced me to entertainment industry: Shamita Shetty
- Cairn tax dispute: India has to respond by Nov on $5.6 bn compensation demand, says CEO
- Vladimir Putin calls ban on Russia's Paralympic team inhumane
- Government should act on its words on Kashmir, says Congress
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh