Joe Biden ‘literally’ ripped by Twitter users
New York: US vice president Joe Biden took a beating from Twitter users when he used “literally” nine times in his Democratic National Convention speech on Thursday night.
The hashtag #Literally even trended so high on the micro blogging site that the Obama campaign sought to take advantage and bought an ad on the word, the New York Daily News reported.
Tweets of Biden overusing the word has since gone viral, with one user Sudeep Reddy (@Reddy) writing, “Joe Biden has literally used the word literally wrong around a billion times in this speech. Literally.”
Another user, Indecision (@indecision) Literally RT @justinjm1 wrote: “731 people have died playing the Biden drinking game tonight.”
James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak) tweeted, “He literally killed it. #onlyhedidnt #anditwasntverygoodeither”
Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) wrote, “May our misfortune tonight end “literally” abuse forever. #awareness”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium