Joe Biden ‘literally’ ripped by Twitter users
New York: US vice president Joe Biden took a beating from Twitter users when he used “literally” nine times in his Democratic National Convention speech on Thursday night.
The hashtag #Literally even trended so high on the micro blogging site that the Obama campaign sought to take advantage and bought an ad on the word, the New York Daily News reported.
Tweets of Biden overusing the word has since gone viral, with one user Sudeep Reddy (@Reddy) writing, “Joe Biden has literally used the word literally wrong around a billion times in this speech. Literally.”
Another user, Indecision (@indecision) Literally RT @justinjm1 wrote: “731 people have died playing the Biden drinking game tonight.”
James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak) tweeted, “He literally killed it. #onlyhedidnt #anditwasntverygoodeither”
Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) wrote, “May our misfortune tonight end “literally” abuse forever. #awareness”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'