Joe Biden ‘literally’ ripped by Twitter users
New York: US vice president Joe Biden took a beating from Twitter users when he used “literally” nine times in his Democratic National Convention speech on Thursday night.
The hashtag #Literally even trended so high on the micro blogging site that the Obama campaign sought to take advantage and bought an ad on the word, the New York Daily News reported.
Tweets of Biden overusing the word has since gone viral, with one user Sudeep Reddy (@Reddy) writing, “Joe Biden has literally used the word literally wrong around a billion times in this speech. Literally.”
Another user, Indecision (@indecision) Literally RT @justinjm1 wrote: “731 people have died playing the Biden drinking game tonight.”
James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak) tweeted, “He literally killed it. #onlyhedidnt #anditwasntverygoodeither”
Josh Greenman (@joshgreenman) wrote, “May our misfortune tonight end “literally” abuse forever. #awareness”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him