Joe Biden meets UK`s Cameron at Downing Street
London: US Vice President Joe Biden joined British Prime Minister David Cameron for a security meeting on Tuesday at Downing Street.
The visit comes shortly after the US government expressed reservations about Cameron`s plans to hold a vote on Britain`s membership in the 27-nation European Union. Cameron leads the Conservative Party, which has many Euroskeptics in its ranks.
Cameron and Biden joked easily before Biden sat in on a UK National Security Council meeting.
"So you signed up for another four years?" Cameron said, in reference to the Democratic Party`s recent victory in presidential elections.
"It was easy, nothing to it," Biden said.
The US vice president said he was "delighted" to take part in the British meeting since he spends "half my life" at US security meetings.
Cameron told Biden that the gathering of British military chiefs, intelligence officials and political leaders around table was a new practise in Britain.
Biden and his wife, Jill, arrived in the UK yesterday following visits to Berlin and Paris. In Paris, Biden met with President Francois Hollande and praised the French leader`s military intervention in Mali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea