Joe Biden`s gaffe; calls himself `proud President of US`
Washington: Joe Biden, who was on Sunday sworn- in as the US Vice President for a second term, made a gaffe hours ahead of his oath ceremony by calling himself "proud President of the United States".
"I`m proud to be President of the United States," Biden told his supporters at the Iowa State Society inauguration ball on Saturday.
The audience laughed as Biden`s son Beau, Delaware`s attorney general, corrected his 70-year-old father and told the crowd he had misspoken.
Biden, who is known for making gaffes during US presidential campaign, quickly corrected himself.
"I`m proud to be Vice President of the United States," he said, "but I am prouder to be Barack Obama`s, President Barack Obama`s, Vice President."
Biden committed several gaffes in his political career. During 2008 campaign, in a speech Biden pointed out Missouri state Senator Chuck Graham and invited him to stand up to address the crowd. Unfortunately, Graham was wheelchair bound.
The Democrat leader, who will be close to his 74th birthday on the next Election Day in 2016, has not ruled out the possibility of running for the White House.
Biden was administered the oath of office on his family bible by the Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor at a private ceremony at his official residence here today, following a private mass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj