John F Kennedy Airport evacuated due to false alarm
New York: A bomb scare that turned out to be a false alarm at John F Kennedy International Airport here led to an evacuation of over 300 passengers from a busy terminal on Sunday, Port Authority officials said.
According to US media, an unidentified phone caller said there was a bomb in the airport and at the same time someone else reported an unattended bag, which sparked the alert and led to the evacuation.
The incident occurred at around 6:00 pm yesterday.
A few hours later the Port Authority said hazardous materials experts and police have checked the bag and it was not a bomb. It also said passengers would soon be allowed back into the Terminal 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says