John F Kennedy Airport evacuated due to false alarm
New York: A bomb scare that turned out to be a false alarm at John F Kennedy International Airport here led to an evacuation of over 300 passengers from a busy terminal on Sunday, Port Authority officials said.
According to US media, an unidentified phone caller said there was a bomb in the airport and at the same time someone else reported an unattended bag, which sparked the alert and led to the evacuation.
The incident occurred at around 6:00 pm yesterday.
A few hours later the Port Authority said hazardous materials experts and police have checked the bag and it was not a bomb. It also said passengers would soon be allowed back into the Terminal 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble