John F Kennedy Airport evacuated due to false alarm
New York: A bomb scare that turned out to be a false alarm at John F Kennedy International Airport here led to an evacuation of over 300 passengers from a busy terminal on Sunday, Port Authority officials said.
According to US media, an unidentified phone caller said there was a bomb in the airport and at the same time someone else reported an unattended bag, which sparked the alert and led to the evacuation.
The incident occurred at around 6:00 pm yesterday.
A few hours later the Port Authority said hazardous materials experts and police have checked the bag and it was not a bomb. It also said passengers would soon be allowed back into the Terminal 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves