John Kerry cancels stop in Philippines because of storm
Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei): US Secretary of State John Kerry has canceled a scheduled trip to the Philippines due to the threat posed by tropical storm Nari.
Forecasters say the storm could strike the northern Philippines as a typhoon as early as tomorrow, bringing strong winds and heavy rains.
Kerry had planned to meet with Philippine officials in Manila tomorrow and on Saturday. It was to be the last stop in a Southeast Asia tour that includes Indonesia, Brunei and Malaysia.
During much of Kerry`s trip he has been filling in for President Barack Obama, who canceled a planned Asia tour because of the government shutdown gripping Washington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why