John Kerry cancels stop in Philippines because of storm
Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei): US Secretary of State John Kerry has canceled a scheduled trip to the Philippines due to the threat posed by tropical storm Nari.
Forecasters say the storm could strike the northern Philippines as a typhoon as early as tomorrow, bringing strong winds and heavy rains.
Kerry had planned to meet with Philippine officials in Manila tomorrow and on Saturday. It was to be the last stop in a Southeast Asia tour that includes Indonesia, Brunei and Malaysia.
During much of Kerry`s trip he has been filling in for President Barack Obama, who canceled a planned Asia tour because of the government shutdown gripping Washington.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family