John Kerry cancels US return en route from Mideast
Shannon: Halfway home from Saudi Arabia, US Secretary of State John Kerry has abruptly changed course and will stay in Europe for talks on Ukraine.
Flying from Riyadh to Shannon, Ireland, for a refuelling stop today, Kerry decided to turn his plane around and will now travel to Paris for a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov likely on Monday.
Kerry had already been due to return to Europe on Tuesday for a meeting with NATO foreign ministers.
Kerry was in Riyadh, as well as Rome and The Hague, with President Barack Obama this week, but was travelling on his own plane. Kerry had made a side trip to Jordan to work on salvaging foundering Mideast peace talks while Obama visited Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH