John Kerry off to Israel after Syria arms deal
Geneva: US Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Israel for a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a day after sealing a deal with Russia on securing Syria`s chemical weapons stockpiles.
Kerry will make a brief stop in Jerusalem today to brief Netanyahu on the agreement as well as discuss developments in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
Kerry met last week in London with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and had wanted to see both men before the annual United Nations General Assembly session that they are all expected to attend later this month.
From Jerusalem, Kerry travels to Paris for discussions about Syria tomorrow with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and British Foreign Secretary William Hague. Kerry will also see the Saudi foreign minister in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past