John Kerry off to Israel after Syria arms deal
Geneva: US Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Israel for a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a day after sealing a deal with Russia on securing Syria`s chemical weapons stockpiles.
Kerry will make a brief stop in Jerusalem today to brief Netanyahu on the agreement as well as discuss developments in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
Kerry met last week in London with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and had wanted to see both men before the annual United Nations General Assembly session that they are all expected to attend later this month.
From Jerusalem, Kerry travels to Paris for discussions about Syria tomorrow with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and British Foreign Secretary William Hague. Kerry will also see the Saudi foreign minister in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery