John Kerry off to Israel after Syria arms deal
Geneva: US Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Israel for a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a day after sealing a deal with Russia on securing Syria`s chemical weapons stockpiles.
Kerry will make a brief stop in Jerusalem today to brief Netanyahu on the agreement as well as discuss developments in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.
Kerry met last week in London with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and had wanted to see both men before the annual United Nations General Assembly session that they are all expected to attend later this month.
From Jerusalem, Kerry travels to Paris for discussions about Syria tomorrow with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and British Foreign Secretary William Hague. Kerry will also see the Saudi foreign minister in Paris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out