John Kerry reaches Afghan on an unannounced visit
Kabul: After Iraq, US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday reached Afghanistan on an unannounced visit to meet President Hamid Karzai, according to a news agency.
Kerry`s visit comes in the wake of concerns that the Afghan president may be jeopardizing the war against extremism.
Kerry will meet Karzai and other civic leaders to discuss the continued US support to the country.
It also comes as Karzai has infuriated U.S. officials by accusing Washington of colluding with Taliban insurgents to keep Afghanistan weak even as the Obama administration presses ahead with plans to hand off security responsibility to Afghan forces and end NATO`s combat mission by the end of next year.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...