John Kerry reaches Afghan on an unannounced visit
Kabul: After Iraq, US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday reached Afghanistan on an unannounced visit to meet President Hamid Karzai, according to a news agency.
Kerry`s visit comes in the wake of concerns that the Afghan president may be jeopardizing the war against extremism.
Kerry will meet Karzai and other civic leaders to discuss the continued US support to the country.
It also comes as Karzai has infuriated U.S. officials by accusing Washington of colluding with Taliban insurgents to keep Afghanistan weak even as the Obama administration presses ahead with plans to hand off security responsibility to Afghan forces and end NATO`s combat mission by the end of next year.
(With Agency Inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'