John Kerry reaches Afghan on an unannounced visit
Kabul: After Iraq, US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday reached Afghanistan on an unannounced visit to meet President Hamid Karzai, according to a news agency.
Kerry`s visit comes in the wake of concerns that the Afghan president may be jeopardizing the war against extremism.
Kerry will meet Karzai and other civic leaders to discuss the continued US support to the country.
It also comes as Karzai has infuriated U.S. officials by accusing Washington of colluding with Taliban insurgents to keep Afghanistan weak even as the Obama administration presses ahead with plans to hand off security responsibility to Afghan forces and end NATO`s combat mission by the end of next year.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?