John McAfee expects release from jail today
London: British-born computer software pioneer John McAfee has said that he is expecting to be released from his Guatemala City cell.
In an interview with Sky News, McAfee said that he is ‘100% certain’ he will soon be heading for America.
“I think perhaps today but, you know, when you`re dealing with the legal system you can never be sure, but as I understand it, I just met with immigration officials about half-an-hour or so ago and there should be news out later today and it should be today,” he said.
According to the report, the 67-year-old is currently being held in a Guatemalan detention centre after being arrested for making an illegal entry into the Central American country on December 05.
McAfee is wanted by authorities in neighbouring Belize as ‘a person of interest’ following the murder of his neighbour Gregory Faull a month ago, the report said.
He has lived in Belize since 2008, and has denied any involvement in Faull’s death and said that he went on the run for his own ‘safety’ because the authorities wanted to silence him.
“I cannot ever return to Belize ... there is no hope for my life if I am ever returned to Belize,” he said, adding: “If I am returned bad things will clearly happen to me.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday