Join UK’s effort to solve Syrian crisis: Cameron to Obama
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron has urged President Barack Obama to join the UK in a new effort to ‘solve’ crisis in Syria.
After visiting a camp in Jordan filled with Syrian refugees, Cameron acknowledged the failure of Western efforts to halt the country`s bloodshed.
“One of the first things I want to talk to Barack about is how we must do more to try and solve this crisis,” The Telegraph quoted Cameron, as saying.
“I wanted to hear for myself the stories of people who have been bombed and shot and blasted out of their homes in Syria by a deeply illegitimate and unpleasant regime that is raining down death and destruction on its own people,” he added.
According to the paper, Cameron also stressed that every step must be taken in order to end the appalling bloodshed in Syria.
“The slaughter continues, the bloodshed is appalling, the bad effects it`s having on the region, the radicalisation but also the humanitarian crisis that is engulfing Syria,” he said.
“So, let`s work together on really pushing what more we can do, what other steps we can take to hasten the end of this regime,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune