Jordan: 4 vehicles destroyed on Syria border
Amman: Jordanian border guards opened fire on four vehicles trying to enter illegally from Syria after they ignored orders to stop, the state-run news agency reported today, without saying whether anyone was killed or wounded in the incident.
The Petra news agency said the incident took place yesterday. Officials could not immediately be reached to provide further details.
Jordan hosts nearly 600,000 registered Syrian refugees although Jordanian officials say the real number is far higher.
The kingdom has quietly supported Syria`s rebels since the start of the uprising against President Bashar Assad in 2011, and ordered Syria`s ambassador out last month after accusing him of making "offensive" statements about Jordan.
Syria`s conflict, now in its fourth year, has killed at least 160,000 people, according to activists. Nearly three million Syrians have fled the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble