Jordan: 4 vehicles destroyed on Syria border
Amman: Jordanian border guards opened fire on four vehicles trying to enter illegally from Syria after they ignored orders to stop, the state-run news agency reported today, without saying whether anyone was killed or wounded in the incident.
The Petra news agency said the incident took place yesterday. Officials could not immediately be reached to provide further details.
Jordan hosts nearly 600,000 registered Syrian refugees although Jordanian officials say the real number is far higher.
The kingdom has quietly supported Syria`s rebels since the start of the uprising against President Bashar Assad in 2011, and ordered Syria`s ambassador out last month after accusing him of making "offensive" statements about Jordan.
Syria`s conflict, now in its fourth year, has killed at least 160,000 people, according to activists. Nearly three million Syrians have fled the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical