Jordan home to over 180,000 Syrian refugees
Amman: The total number of Syrians who have fled unrest in their country and arrived in Jordan since early 2011 has exceeded 180,000, according to Jordan`s Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh.
According to state-run Petra news agency, at a meeting with British envoy to the Syrian opposition John Wilkes in Amman, the Jordanian minister reviewed the consequences of the Syrian crisis on Jordan.
Judeh said Jordan will continue to provide services to the Syrians who fled their country into the Kingdom in the fields of health and education in spite of the difficult economic conditions the country is going through, Xinhua reported.
The minister also called for international community`s aid to help Jordan continue to be able to provide the Syrian refugees with assistance and services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter