Jordan home to over 180,000 Syrian refugees
Amman: The total number of Syrians who have fled unrest in their country and arrived in Jordan since early 2011 has exceeded 180,000, according to Jordan`s Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh.
According to state-run Petra news agency, at a meeting with British envoy to the Syrian opposition John Wilkes in Amman, the Jordanian minister reviewed the consequences of the Syrian crisis on Jordan.
Judeh said Jordan will continue to provide services to the Syrians who fled their country into the Kingdom in the fields of health and education in spite of the difficult economic conditions the country is going through, Xinhua reported.
The minister also called for international community`s aid to help Jordan continue to be able to provide the Syrian refugees with assistance and services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?