Jordan home to over 180,000 Syrian refugees
Amman: The total number of Syrians who have fled unrest in their country and arrived in Jordan since early 2011 has exceeded 180,000, according to Jordan`s Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh.
According to state-run Petra news agency, at a meeting with British envoy to the Syrian opposition John Wilkes in Amman, the Jordanian minister reviewed the consequences of the Syrian crisis on Jordan.
Judeh said Jordan will continue to provide services to the Syrians who fled their country into the Kingdom in the fields of health and education in spite of the difficult economic conditions the country is going through, Xinhua reported.
The minister also called for international community`s aid to help Jordan continue to be able to provide the Syrian refugees with assistance and services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das