Jordan PM tenders resignation: Official
Amman: A senior Jordanian government official says the country`s prime minister has tendered his resignation, the day after a majority of parliamentarians called for his ouster.
Prime Minister Marouf al-Bakhit had been widely perceived as dragging his heels on a political reform package.
The Monday announcement came one day after 70 out of 120 parliamentarians called on Jordan`s King Abdullah II to sack him.
The government official said Awn al-Khasawneh, the deputy chief of the International Court of Justice, was the strongest candidate to replace al-Bakhit. The official insisted on anonymity because he is not allowed to make statements on changes in the government before the king endorses them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India