Jordan says Hamas-Fateh unity crucial for peace
Amman: Jordan`s Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour Saturday said unity among the Palestinian factions is crucial to render peacemaking efforts a success.
Commending the reconciliation between Fateh and Hamas movement recently, the Jordanian premier said all efforts to support peace and make progress in peace talks will be in vain if there is no unity among the Palestinians, Xinhua reported citing the state-run Petra news agency.
"We hope that the deal reached recently between the Palestinians for unity and reconciliation is honoured as the Arab and Islamic nation will condemn any party that hampers the implementation of this deal," said Ensour following a meeting in Amman with his Palestinian counterpart Rami Hamdallah.
In April, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas` Fatah party and the Hamas movement announced a reconciliation agreement, declaring an end to their internal split.
"Palestinian unity is crucial at this stage of the Palestinian issue," said Ensour.
The Jordanian premier reiterated Jordan`s support for the Palestinians, saying any difference amongst them harm Jordan as well as the Palestinian issue.
The Palestinian premier stressed the importance of continued cooperation with Jordan in the face of the Israeli provocations and violations against Al Aqsa Mosque.
The mosque, which is highly regarded in Islam and Judaism, is overseen by Jordan although it is located in East Jerusalem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video