Jordan should allow in Palestinians from Syria: UN
United Nations: The UN`s chief relief official for Palestinians is urging Jordan to stop discriminating against Palestinian refugees fleeing the Syrian war and open its borders to them.
The commissioner general of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees says "all refugees should be treated equally."
Filippo Grandi told reporters today that Jordan has been burdened by some 2 million Palestinian refugees over decades.
But he disagreed with Jordan`s decision to close the border last year to Palestinian refugees and called on Amman "to exercise maximum humanitarian efforts."
Last year, the New York-based group Human Rights Watch praised Jordan`s admission of some 140,000 Syrian refugees but said officials have arbitrarily detained Palestinians in a holding center without any options except to return to Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal