Jordan, Turkey ink nuclear deal
Amman: Jordan and Turkey have agreed to share their nuclear expertise and explore the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The nuclear cooperation agreement signed on Thursday entails exchanging of expertise and cooperation in operation, renewal and maintenance of nuclear reactors, Xinhua reported.
"The signing of the agreement is a milestone in relations between Jordan and Turkey and it attracts further international support for Jordan`s nuclear programme," said Khaled Toukan, Jordan`s energy minister.
He said: "The signing of several nuclear agreements with different countries provides Jordan with a political cover and necessary support as we live in a sensitive part of the world."
President of the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority Thafer Alber said his country is ready to provide Jordanian students and experts with training at its facilities.
The two countries have agreed to form a joint working group to implement a series of projects in the field of scientific research and exchange of technical expertise.
Jordan, which is planning to build three to four nuclear reactors for electricity generation, has signed similar agreements with other countries including France, South Korea, China, Canada, Russia, Britain, Spain, Argentina, Japan, Romania and Italy.
In October 2009, Jordan announced the launch of the site feasibility study for the Kingdom`s first nuclear power plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt