Jordanian killed in Afghan US drone attack
Amman: A Jordanian man says his brother, who
was a top al-Qaida bodyguard, was killed in a US drone attack
along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
Omar Mahdi Zeidan told The Associated Press that his
brother died last Saturday in one of two American drone
attacks on al-Qaida targets in the Waziristan area.
Zeidan said today that his brother, Mahmoud Mahdi Zeidan,
was also known as Mansur al Shami. He was the bodyguard for
al-Qaida`s No 3, Sheikh Mustafa Abu al-Yazid.
Pakistani officials have said 13 militants were killed in
the drone strikes.
A Jordanian suicide attacker struck a secret CIA base in
Afghanistan in December, killing seven operatives. It was the
worst attack on the US spy agency in decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!