Jordan`s information minister resigns
Amman: Jordan`s information
minister says he has resigned because of disagreements over
laws he says restrict media freedoms.
Taher Edwan is the third Cabinet minister to quit in
three weeks. It was not immediately clear whether Prime
Minister Marouf al-Bakhit accepted the resignation.
Edwan said today he quit to protest a press and
publications draft law that he called a "violation of the
freedom of expression and the country`s strategy for
liberalising the media."
He declined to elaborate.
The Cabinet is to present the press draft law and
other new legislation to parliament for endorsement this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'