Jordan`s information minister resigns
Amman: Jordan`s information
minister says he has resigned because of disagreements over
laws he says restrict media freedoms.
Taher Edwan is the third Cabinet minister to quit in
three weeks. It was not immediately clear whether Prime
Minister Marouf al-Bakhit accepted the resignation.
Edwan said today he quit to protest a press and
publications draft law that he called a "violation of the
freedom of expression and the country`s strategy for
liberalising the media."
He declined to elaborate.
The Cabinet is to present the press draft law and
other new legislation to parliament for endorsement this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH