Jordan`s King urges restart of Mideast peace talks
Southern Shuneh: Jordan`s King has urged Israel and the Palestinians to look to the Arab Spring uprisings for inspiration and to restart their stalled peace talks.
Abdullah says the future for the Middle East and beyond is with the "normalcy of peace”.
He spoke at Saturday`s opening of a two-day special meeting of the Davos-based World Economic Forum held on the shores of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
Abdullah says "shortsighted leaders may think they can shut" the door to peace — a rebuke believed directed at Israel`s right-wing government.
He says a Palestinian-Israeli deal must consider Israel`s "security and acceptance" and allow for the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!