Jordan`s King urges restart of Mideast peace talks
Southern Shuneh: Jordan`s King has urged Israel and the Palestinians to look to the Arab Spring uprisings for inspiration and to restart their stalled peace talks.
Abdullah says the future for the Middle East and beyond is with the "normalcy of peace”.
He spoke at Saturday`s opening of a two-day special meeting of the Davos-based World Economic Forum held on the shores of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
Abdullah says "shortsighted leaders may think they can shut" the door to peace — a rebuke believed directed at Israel`s right-wing government.
He says a Palestinian-Israeli deal must consider Israel`s "security and acceptance" and allow for the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list