Jordon at forefront in global war on terror
Washington: Jordan is at the forefront in the global war on terror and terrorism, the country`s Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh has said.
"In the global war on terror and terrorism, Jordan is at the forefront, and we are there as part of that global network and also to protect our national interest," Judeh told reporters at a joint press conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
He said that his country was a target of terror and terrorism from many decades. Many of them were thwarted or foiled due to being effective in their pursuit of those who want to harm the country and its citizen.
"This is where the US and Jordan and other like-minded countries were fully on board together. We are not just talking about counterterrorism. We are not waiting for terrorists to carry out their plans.”
"We are talking about terrorism prevention. We are talking about finding the root causes, finding the root of where terrorists plan and plot, and trying to stop them right there and then before they get to us and attack our citizens and our interests and kill innocent civilians," he said.
Judeh termed Jordanian presence in Afghanistan as a humanitarian and logistical presence. He stressed on the information sharing between the like minded countries as an effective tool in "combating terror than combating terror directly”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi