Jordon at forefront in global war on terror
Washington: Jordan is at the forefront in the global war on terror and terrorism, the country`s Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh has said.
"In the global war on terror and terrorism, Jordan is at the forefront, and we are there as part of that global network and also to protect our national interest," Judeh told reporters at a joint press conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
He said that his country was a target of terror and terrorism from many decades. Many of them were thwarted or foiled due to being effective in their pursuit of those who want to harm the country and its citizen.
"This is where the US and Jordan and other like-minded countries were fully on board together. We are not just talking about counterterrorism. We are not waiting for terrorists to carry out their plans.”
"We are talking about terrorism prevention. We are talking about finding the root causes, finding the root of where terrorists plan and plot, and trying to stop them right there and then before they get to us and attack our citizens and our interests and kill innocent civilians," he said.
Judeh termed Jordanian presence in Afghanistan as a humanitarian and logistical presence. He stressed on the information sharing between the like minded countries as an effective tool in "combating terror than combating terror directly”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list