Jude Law testifies at UK phone hacking trial
London: Jude Law has told Britain`s phone hacking trial the media had an "unhealthy" amount of information about his private life.
But the actor says he was unaware until today that a family member allegedly sold stories about him to the tabloid press.
Law appeared as a witness at the trial of several former employees of Rupert Murdoch`s now-defunct News of the World tabloid.
Law has been paid compensation for phone hacking by Murdoch`s company. But a defense lawyer suggested that some of the information in 2005 stories came from Law`s associates.
Law said he was unaware until today`s hearing of claims that a close relative had been paid by the News of the World.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice