Judge bans sex offender from one-night stands
London: A man in Britain has been banned by the court from having one-night stands following his violent history towards women.
Judge John Plumstead said Richard Ford, 41, must refuse any "offers on a plate" as unsuspecting women would not be aware of his background and he should contact his probation officer before starting a relationship, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
The restrictions were put in place when Ford appeared at St. Albans Crown Court this week to admit to failing to notify police of a change of address after being placed on the sex offenders` register.
The situation was exasperated by Ford, from Rickmansworth town, also breaking a restraining order, the judge said.
The judge ordered that Ford was not allowed to stay at a woman`s house, have a woman stay at his house, or stay elsewhere with a woman, unless the probation officer knows her name and address beforehand.
In May, Ford had appeared before Judge Plumstead in court, where he pleaded guilty to possessing extreme pornographic images, six charges of making indecent images of a child and four counts of possessing indecent images of a child.
Ford was required to notify the police if he changed his address and it was his failure to do so that landed him in trouble and back in court.
The judge decided not to send him to prison, but said he would force restrictions on his relationships to ensure the safety of women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan