Judge bans sex offender from one-night stands
London: A man in Britain has been banned by the court from having one-night stands following his violent history towards women.
Judge John Plumstead said Richard Ford, 41, must refuse any "offers on a plate" as unsuspecting women would not be aware of his background and he should contact his probation officer before starting a relationship, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
The restrictions were put in place when Ford appeared at St. Albans Crown Court this week to admit to failing to notify police of a change of address after being placed on the sex offenders` register.
The situation was exasperated by Ford, from Rickmansworth town, also breaking a restraining order, the judge said.
The judge ordered that Ford was not allowed to stay at a woman`s house, have a woman stay at his house, or stay elsewhere with a woman, unless the probation officer knows her name and address beforehand.
In May, Ford had appeared before Judge Plumstead in court, where he pleaded guilty to possessing extreme pornographic images, six charges of making indecent images of a child and four counts of possessing indecent images of a child.
Ford was required to notify the police if he changed his address and it was his failure to do so that landed him in trouble and back in court.
The judge decided not to send him to prison, but said he would force restrictions on his relationships to ensure the safety of women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog